Sunday, January 25, 2009

About me.....

Hello and welcome to my Realm. I'm a stay-at-home-mom who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Lupus, and Diabetes. (thus the awareness ribbons in my shop's banner) Talk about one heck of a combination, right? I like to think that I have eclectic tastes. :)

My Great-grandma was the first person who tried to teach me to knit, then Grandma, then my Mom before they all gave up before I graduated High School.

Just in the past year my RSD has spread through out my body, I was diagnosed with Lupus and Type 2 Diabetes so finding work has been a bit difficult to say the least. I began taking up knitting as something to just get my mind off things. I had plenty of time, between being a stay-at-home-mom and waiting in the doctors offices, so I began knitting again. It is so relaxing to me, so I figured why not give it a shot selling some of what I make.

I've also begun desiging my own patterns because I find it hard to understand a lot of what is out there. I also do a bit of crochet, making jewlery and friendship bracelets. I've been known to go on a baking spree, as well, making up to 6 loaves of home-made breads in one day. (My family never has to get store bought bread)

I'm still setting up my Etsy store so please be patient with me. I will have some Alpaca yarn soon, so I'm looking forward to working with that. Also I'm learning how to knit socks.

That's all for now. I hope you enjoy your stay, check out my store and come back soon!

~Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment