Thursday, October 8, 2009

The long awaited pictures. :)

I love this hat. The yarn is so thick, warm, and soft. I made this pattern as I went along, and this time I remembered to write it down before I sent it out. My husband liked the pattern so much he asked for one in another color. :) I think I might have even found a hat that my daughter would wear! (one can hope) Right now all she will wear is the earwarmers that I make. This was taken without a flash so you can see the pattern.

This picture was taken with a flash so you could better see the color, but It really isn't THAT bright. Beautiful blues, purples and a hint of green. Its Lion Brand Thick & Quick yarn in Green Mountain Color.



This is the finished Harry Potter Hat. Second time's a charm, right? Its the match to the previous scarf. Its a tight fitting skull cap, that I did follow a pattern for. However I think that next time I make one, I'm going to change a few things about it. Personally I don't like how it fits. I know it will stretch over time, but still. I really like how the striped pattern worked out just like the scarf. Starting on blue and ending on blue. :)

Next on the list is to make my daughter a new pair of fingerless gloves. She's worn her favorite pair so much that they are falling apart after 3 years. They were the second pair I ever made. I've come a long way since then so I know this pair (and pattern that I made) will last her for a long while.

1 comment:

  1. I recieved my hat in the mail today and I was very much impressed. The colors, the way the greens, purples and blues come together is beautiful. The pattern is almost like a cable knit and it makes for a very warm hat. This one is definately a keeper. Signed: A very satisfied customer :)

    ReplyDelete